Sunday, December 9, 2012

Creativity, revisited



Creativity, revisited.

"...God, who gives life to the dead and calls into being that which does not exist." Rom. 4: 17.

**********


     To call something new into being is to imitate our Heavenly Father. Tonight, I am printing the first copies of my latest book: PROVERBS--Journeying to the Heart of God's Wisdom.
     I've been reading through the book of Proverbs several times a year for many years now. After reading that Billy Graham read a chapter a day of both Psalms and Proverbs, I thought that an excellent idea to emulate.
     While I have learned things both personally and regarding my business pursuits, Proverbs has so much in it that I have drafted a novel about the personification of wisdom.
     However, I decided to call into being a new work this year, based on Solomon's usage of the word "heart." Solomon uses this word, leb, some 94 times according to one source. The only other Old Testament writer to exceed Solomon's usage was his father, in the 150 chapters of the Psalms!

     In writing this book, I've learned a lot, and hope that my readers may derive fruit from my own pursuit of wisdom! May my puny efforts at creativity bring glory to our great Creator!


Link to sample:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TL0SUJDBKmR2p-lqaimC7bpBaqUvM5rrntdzSae0PhM/edit





No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate and might even enjoy your dialogue!