Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Discover something new every day.

Discover something new every day.


   Thanks, Daniel, for the link http://tinyurl.com/clwfas7 containing that quote. One of my past pursuits, which I intend to resume, was to challenge myself to write a poem a day. It has been said that despots particularly feared poets and playwrights, as their use of language bored holes through walls, leapt over fences, and crossed boundaries that could not be defended by armies of mere mortals.

   Yellow fire above
Fights cool breeze successfully
   Heliotherapy wins.

   (Guess what: I just sat outside, reading in the sunshine. Ahhh...definition of a very fine day!)


   I am fond of the discipline of the haiku--it squeezes out excess verbiage--something all (good) writers should appreciate, and which we fledgling writers aspire to. (Hmmm, does J. Joyce fit in the "good writer" category?)
  
   Black words, white paper
Truth is black and white. I hope.
   Better yet, I pray.



   "Behold, I make all things new."




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate and might even enjoy your dialogue!