Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Pride and Prejudice


Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end; then stop.
                                                                                    --Lewis Carroll.


   I am proudly celebrating the above quote: I just finished editing my latest book.
  
   Sadly, the English language doesn't distinguish pride, the sinful attitude, from pride, the pleasure of doing a job well and knowing that you applied your divinely-granted skills aptly.

   Oh, the prejudice comes in about now: just like the proud grandparent, "Of course my grandkids are the smartest, kindest, and most handsome!" Likewise, the product of one's writing is seen with positive bias--that's why editors and discerning early readers are so deeply appreciated for their (honest!) feedback...if it's boring, I'll have a hard time telling, cuz it's my little baby and I just know that he's one superlative little feller!

   Now, the book has been flying off the shelves at national bookstores--well, okay, it hasn't actually been on the shelves, since I'm publishing it myself. That said, here's a sample, and it'll be on sale for $15 dollah, shipping included:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TL0SUJDBKmR2p-lqaimC7bpBaqUvM5rrntdzSae0PhM/edit

   Remember, feedback is the true breakfast of champions...and I crave your input. Thnx!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate and might even enjoy your dialogue!