Monday, October 28, 2013

World Series, World of Ideas.


From Cabot Wealth Advisory (free, here. I like the price and the info!)
     --------- ---------- --------- --------- ---------- --------- --------- ---------- ---------
Winning in Baseball … and the Markets I don’t know if the rest of the country is as interested in the World Series as the citizens of Red Sox Nation are, but with the Series on, I had an idea about how to explain growth investing.

Hall of Fame baseball manager Earl Weaver of the Baltimore Orioles used to say, “You win games with good pitching and three-run home runs.” And I think that’s a pretty good analogy for the way you win at growth stock investing, too.
In growth stock investing, good pitching means keeping the other side from scoring runs, which is another way of saying that you keep losses small.

     --------- ---------- --------- --------- ---------- --------- --------- ---------- ---------
(and, David adds: likewise, in the world of ideas...I think you have lots of 'em and kill off the losers sooner and keep plugging with the winners. Ya never know which little one may make it, Ortiz-like, outa tha pahk! )

(Hit any outa the park lately? I'd love to hear about it...comment below or leave me a message on FB.)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate and might even enjoy your dialogue!