Tuesday, July 29, 2014

I Like to Party Hearty!




  


Half-year report (stats as of 6/30/14):
# 77 books read (he's on a record pace, woo-hoo!)

Best book I read this year:
(I know, I'm supposed to say, "The Bible." Duh...yes, I do include the Bible every yr that I read it cover-to-cover = most years = 9 times in the last 11 years...which is the extent of my spreadsheet. Wish I'd started keeping track of all my reading sooner!)

--Best Literary Fiction: .........Jodi Picoult's 19 MINUTES.
--Best Thriller: ......................S. King's DR. SLEEP (Sequel to THE SHINING.)
--Best Non-fiction: .................E. B. White's 1977 ESSAYS. These are like music!

I'd love to hear about your favs for the yr...or, the decade...or...life?

(for my life, surely Tolkien's LOTR and CSLewis' Narnia and his Space Trilogy. I have reread them all so many times...in fact, I feel the urge coming on yet again to immerse myself in Middle Earth!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate and might even enjoy your dialogue!