Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Carrying the Torch.

Most everybody has heard that little saying by William Purkey,

“You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
Love like you'll never be hurt,
Sing like there's nobody listening,
And live like it's heaven on earth.”
 
 
But do we live that out? Or, is it even possible to live like that? Guess we'll never know unless we try, eh?
 
While we all need regular doses of encouragement and re-encouragement and re-re-.... I think it helps us when we try to visualize our personal heroes and imitate them. For me, people like my mom and dad, Pastor Bob Frederich, Morine Cheney, Pastor Kori Hagen, Pastor Arlo Janssen, Pastor John Lindsay, and my daughter Carrie are inspirations. When I conjure up their faces, I want to bear the banner, carry the torch that these people have or are still carrying, and point my body/mind/heart/soul/strength at bringing glory to the most high God...and, if may I ask...may I have the next dance?
 
King David's wife, Michal, scorned him for dancing like nobody was watching. He didn't care and he didn't stop and neither will I! Join in the dance, the song, the loving and the living, for heaven's sake!
 
 
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Look to the Lord and His strength, seek His face at all times.
Psalm 105:4.
 
Folly delights a man who lacks judgment, but a man of understanding keeps a straight course.
Prov. 15: 21.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate and might even enjoy your dialogue!