Sunday, May 5, 2013

Passionate pursuit, or passionless platitudes?

The path to God’s pleasure in life is not to have less fun and serve more.

The path to God’s pleasure is to follow our Lord into the passions He has given us and use them deliberately to glorify Him and to bring others to meet Him there.

=-=-=-=-=-=-

The above quote was an easy pick: it doesn't quite fit with our preconceptions, does it? Too often, worship and praise fall under the label, "Less fun, more work at things that don't wow me." Platitudes of praise are exactly the opposite of what God wants for us. "We are destined and appointed to live for the praise of God's glory!" Eph. 1: 12. Too bad we don't look/feel/act like it.

The real question that needs to be asked is, "Well, what does wow you?"

And, next, "What are you gonna do about it, to please your Creator?"

Beautifully open-ended, isn't it?

My answers include: I love to read and write and sing. I love to learn, to teach, to preach, and to encourage others. As I pursue these passions, I hope that I am pointing others toward the Giver of these gifts...tell me about the passions that you are pursuing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate and might even enjoy your dialogue!