Thursday, February 28, 2013

Books, horses, and dogs...and, writing?


A man's experiences of life are a book. There was never yet an uninteresting life. Such a thing is an impossibility. Inside of the dullest exterior there is a drama, a comedy, and tragedy.
 --Mark Twain.

The outside of a horse is good for the inside of a man.
--Sir Winston Churchill.

Outside of a dog, a book may be man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it is too dark to read.
--Mark Twain.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=--==-=-=-=--=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-
Well, outside of a book--I want to get into it! I've read about 25 or 26 books thus far in 2013, a tad slower pace than usual, due to a coupla huge ones, a coupla weeks of company, and currently laboring through a full length novel in Spanish. Most good writers say, "Read a lot, it'll help your writing." Most aspiring writers agree. Most lazy writers assert, "I don't have time to read." Well, then, obviously, it's not that important to you, is it, as my fellow Mainah, the acerbic Stevie, asserts.

Inside of a book--I often am more motivated to write than when I'm actually sitting here, in front of the keyboard. How odd. That said, off to do some writing...oh, but one last thought:

Inside of a dog--it's STILL too dark to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate and might even enjoy your dialogue!